Monday, February 16, 2015

Guided Safely Home

Hey y'all!! :)

This week was been super busy and exhausting... pretty sure I say this every week but yeah... its the truth! We have been preparing for C and A's baptism on Saturday and almost have the programs done! So we will be running around like crazy this week preparing for that. We are so excited for them to make these covenants with their Heavenly Father. They were so prepared and it just goes to show that timing is everything! 

Welllll the ward caught us and had Sister Bush and I both speak in church yesterday. It went super well! I spoke on President Monson's talk "Guided Safely Home" that he gave in the Priesthood session last October. It talked about how we need to not let our personal rudders get jammed. So I gave some examples on things that jam our rudders and then things that un-jam them. I talked about how pride, sin, discouragement, not going to church, not reading your scriptures and now praying can all jam your rudder. Now the way to un-jam your rudders is to have faith, go to church, read your scriptures, pray daily, follow promptings from the holy ghost, and doing missionary work (my personal fave. whaddup!). There are a ton of things that we can do to un-jam our rudders but its our choice whether or not we will allow those distractions into our lives or not. We can all choose to follow God or not and we have been given the map to get back home. That's what its all about.. going home back to our Heavenly Father. We have the responsibility to share that knowledge with those that don't know. It will change their lives. 

This week will be really busy with appointments, the baptism, specialized training on Wednesday and getting everything ready so bring it on! Serving a mission has helped me to know that I CAN do hard things with the Lord's help. He has blessed me so much in my life and has given me the strength that I need. I have literally felt Him carrying me through some of the toughest days of like ever and has lifted me up to higher grounds. God is our loving Father in Heaven and Jesus is our savior and elder brother. They love us more then we can comprehend and that love is worth all of the hardships that you may go through. That love can carry your through the darkest times and can help you to know that you are sons and daughters of the Almighty. When you have that knowledge you will act accordingly. I also started over on the Book of Mormon again! I love this gospel and I love all of you so much. I believe that I have the best family in the world (because its the truth!) Stay strong and keep going. You can do hard things!! Have a great week and I will talk to you next week! 

XOXO
Sister Peterson 

Pictures:
selfie with sweetpea, A's dog
Totally burned a shirt for my eighteen month mark... good times!



No comments:

Post a Comment