Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Week 3


Family!!

How is everyone? What's new? 

My last week in the MTC was amazing. I became really close with my zone and I miss seeing them every day. Funny note-Vai Sikahema came and spoke at a Sunday devotional and it was like my claim to fame. He mentioned Philly a few times and I was like "that's my home!!" It was pretty cool. 
 
So I'm in the field now!! I am in the Northgate ward in Colorado Springs and we have a car (thank goodness) Everything is great. My trainer/companion's name is Sister Mangisi (Mong-e-sea) and she has been out for three months so she just got finished training and is now training me! She's half Tongan, 19 and from Pennsylvania. Crazy, right?! They knew to put the PA sisters together because we're tough and will get stuff done haha. We get along super well and she has helped me learn the ropes.
 
We live with an 87 year older widow named Sister McAllister and she is just the sweetest. I will send pictures of the house next time. She loves tigers so she has this HUGE stuffed animal tiger with a baby tiger under her piano and when I first walked in the house I legit thought it was real and slightly got freaked out....and every time after that. So just to make sure that it wasn't real, I pet it one day. No big. 
 
Sister Mangisi and I are teaching one progressing investigator right now that she was teaching before I arrived. We have a few more people that we teach but I haven't been able to meet with all of them yet because they cancelled last week or won't get back to us yet. 
 
1. S.- He is about 40 some years old and is Vietnamese but speaks Mandarin Chinese. He has a lot of questions and is basically searching for more knowledge  So we are trying to teach him that he doesn't need to know everything but to have more faith in the things that he does know which Elder Holland gave a great talk about in General Conference last April. So we are meeting with S. again tomorrow
 
We are focusing right now on working with the members in our ward (Northgate Ward) because it is crucial!! We can't do it without them. The ward is huge like about 400 people come each week and their wards in the stake are constantly changing and growing with new families moving in each week. I was able to bear my testimony on Sunday so it was a great way to introduce myself to the ward. We are so spoiled here because we have dinner appointments with a family in the ward pretty much every single night. So don't worry mom. I'm getting well fed!
 
Colorado is beautiful! I love it here! The sky and mountains are amazing. I will have to send pictures.
 
Well I love and miss you all so much!!!! Please share the gospel with everyone that you know because we are so blessed to have it! 

xoxo
Sister Peterson 
 
District 47-C at the Provo Temple!
Kyra and Sister Fonua  at the MTC planning a lesson

Current address:
Sister Kyra Peterson
c/o McAllister
2051 Fieldcrest Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80921 
Kyra and her roommates in the MTC
 
Kyra and her companion in Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment