Monday, April 28, 2014

May The Fourth Be With You

I just have to start out by saying that we had a HUGE miracle on Thursday. It was the first time we had seen A in three weeks and I just flat out asked her if she had been thinking about baptism and she looked at us and said "I have. I want to get baptized" Boom! Just like that. It hit us so strongly that Sister Clawson and I started tearing up. The Spirit was so strong and I am so happy for her because I know how much this will bless her life. So this week is going to be a busy one with planning for her baptism. She asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I am so excited!!! :) She came to church on Sunday and everyone was so nice and welcoming to her so its going to be a full house at her baptism. She told us that she was going to tell her mom last night at dinner so we will find out how that went. I told her about when mom told grandma and she said that mom is so cool for being so bold and honest. Way to go, ma!! 

A member in one of the wards brought her friend, A.l to church yesterday and we gave her a copy of the BofM. She is coming to family home evening tonight so we are hoping to teach her soon! I love member missionary work because that is where the most success comes from! 
I had my last interview with President Anderson on Tuesday because he goes home in July :( He is the greatest ever and has taught me a lot about how important missionary work truly is and  how the work is being hastened more then ever before. He is a convert to the church and it took him seven years to join so he really gets the whole "eternal investigator" thing haha. He told me that I will be staying in Pueblo one more transfer with Sister Clawson to finish up her training so that way she will get the whole 12 weeks of the training program. We are both really excited to have more time together because we have become really good friends, love that sister! 
We also when to Raton, New Mexico on Saturday! What an interesting day... The three of us kinda got attacked by two dogs. Poor Chelsea, the member who came with us got pulled by her skirt by those evil dogs! #thefearisreal. Don't worry though because we are all alive and well!!! Thank goodness! Also, dad I need to learn more Spanish for the next time that I go down there. I was pulling out the only words I knew which isn't very many haha. 

I just wanted to let you all know that I know this church is true and as we live the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we WILL be happier and that is a promise. Thank you for all of your prayers, love and support. It means the world to me! I love being a missionary and bringing the world His truth!! I am so excited to skype soon for Mother's day! Get ready ;) I love you and I miss you all!! 

P.S. Oh guess what, mom! We taught seminary on Thursday morning because Sister Peterson (the other one!) is the seminary teacher and she was out of town. Proud? :)


Stay strong!
Sister Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment