Monday, September 8, 2014

Happiness Can Last for Eternity

So transfers are tomorrow and Sister Harrop and I are staying together again in Lone Tree! This transfer is only five weeks and the next one is seven weeks because of the mission tour. Its when an apostle or area seventy come to visit the mission in November each year so President Rehm just switched those weeks around. 

Okay so this is probably one of the weirdest stories ever so just go with it haha. On Wednesday night, K said that we could come over and talk about the chapters he read in the Book of Mormon. He started off the conversation by saying "I had a vision about you. In it I saw that your head was on the chopping block like you were going to get beheaded. But that you were okay with it because you were doing it for your faith because you are so convicted of what you believe in. It reminded me of Paul in the bible." and I was like "Oh, both of us?" and he said "No, just you." and pointed at me. Not going to lie, I was a little freaked out at first because no one has ever told me that they've had a vision about me let alone of me getting killed!!!! But then I was sort of flattered in a twisted way because he compared me to the rock star apostle Paul and told me that I am so convicted if what I believe that I would be willing to lay down my life for my faith. 

G, the eight year old that we had been teaching the lessons to got baptized on Saturday!! It was such a sweet baptism and the Spirit was very strong there. It was neat to be a part of that experience :)

Still regularly teaching B who is less active. Its going to be a long road for him but we know that he will make the turn around that he needs! Its so important that we know and understand that our Father in Heaven LOVES us and wants whats best for us. 

Miracles happen! Sister Harrop and I biked to service on Thursday. It was down all these dirt roads with twists and turns so we were sore!! Are you proud that I'm putting the bike to use? Well...every now and then. Probably never again haha knock on wood!! 

I have a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A lot of people ask us what we love most about our missions. There's a ton of things that I love about the mission!! But if I had to pick just one reason right now, I guess it would be how happy I have been! I was happy before the mission but there's something about sharing the gospel with others that brings me true happiness. Its not worldly, its not temporary but its true happiness! Its happiness that will last me a lot longer then eating ice cream every day. And ice cream really does make me happy! But can you imagine enjoying that happiness forever? Just think of one thing that brings you joy and multiply by infinity. That is what the Gospel does for us. It makes us that happy. Now don't you just want to share it with everyone around you? They want that happiness as well, some of them just don't know it yet or they don't know where to find it. So, its our responsibility to make that way possible for them and to help them along their journey. I am so grateful and blessed to have the restored gospel in my life. I'm thankful for my wonderful parents who raised me in the truth and who taught me the lessons of faith, love and obedience to my Father in Heaven. The lessons that I have learned growing up with them have blessed me so much on the mission and have helped me to in turn help others. 

I love you all soo much and miss you!!! Remember who you are and act accordingly! :)

Stay classy!
Sister Peterson 

My new address: 
7062 Serena Drive
Castle Pines, CO 80108


No comments:

Post a Comment