Monday, October 20, 2014

My Companions a Cripple

Sooo I know you're all just dying to know how my new area and companion are! And to answer both of those things, they are awesome! This area has a lot going on. We have activities going on every night basically so that's been really nice to be busy. We go to mutual on Tuesdays, pmg planning with the district on Wednesdays, Thursdays is a preach my gospel class with the youth in the 3 wards and we play sports after and Saturday is sports night with the youth. So we work with the youth a lot and its really fun!! They are on fire with sharing the gospel with their friends! 

And my companion, Sister Stock is 19, from Idaho Falls, Idaho, went to BYU-I for a year before the mission and has been out for six months and has one arm. ...Seriously. Nah, just kidding. She broke her wrist the week before I got here playing an intense came called church dodge ball. Crazy right? So I have been taking care of her basically earning my mom points as we like to call it haha. She is really awesome though. She is a hard worker and is very bold, so we throw down on everyone and work well together. So, it's been really great so far! We have a few potentials that we are trying to work with and then an investigator named Kristie who is close to a baptism date but doesn't want to be rushed. She asked the sisters before I got here if we could do a last minute baptism if she randomly called her one day? UHM HECK YES. We're also working closely with a less active lady named Jody who said that she would come to church on Sunday and apparently she never said that before so that's winning! 

We had stake conference this weekend. Always makes me think of dad. Yesterday, it was broadcast from Salt Lake and Elder Bednar and Elder Scott both spoke. They were both really great talks about prayer and revelation. It was like a little dose of General Conference! 

We have the ward trunk or treat on Saturday which is going to be really fun even though we can't dress up... black and orange will have to do, right?

Random: But the family that we live with are the Parcells and they have two cats! This is the first time on my mission that I have lived with cats! Miracles! THeir names are Lexi and George and they are so precious. Makes me a happy sister missionary! hahaha Sister Stock and I both have crazy cat lady syndrome. Sorry bout it. 

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change lives. I have seen it and my life has changed because of it. God is good!! Thank Him each day for the many blessings that you have because of Him. I've been reading in Mosiah when Abinadi is speaking to wicked King Noah and I love what Abinadi says  And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.
 And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.
 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.
Christ is our light and because of Him, we can all live again and live with those that we love!! So let's all be a little more happier and enthusiastic about sharing the good news of what Christ has done for us with those around you. 
That's about it for me. I hope that y'all have a blessed week! Love you! Miss you! 
xoxo
Sister Peterson 



pics: we did service on a farm on Saturday and bottle fed these cute baby goats!
Saying goodbye to Sister Harrop :(


No comments:

Post a Comment