Monday, January 12, 2015

Down to the Valley!

I have news!! So I am getting transferred! I am going to Manassa which is in the San Luis Valley which is like waaaay down south like hours away from the rest of the mission. Also, I was told to bring my wool socks.. uhhhmmm why does that make me want to cry? But on the bright side, I am going to be companions with Sister Bush...AGAIN!! Remember her?? She was my companion in Pueblo almost a year ago! Crazy right?! I legit jumped up and down and screamed so much when I found out who my companion was. She is so great and I am so excited for her to kill me off (ew.. still weird haha). I am really sad to be leaving Meridian but I know that the Lord needs me in Manassa. Saturday night when we got the call that we would both be leaving we were so bummed but it was only until today when I found out where I was going and who I was going to be companions with did it make sense. Sister Stock and I were both wondering why we were getting flushed and where we would go. I didn't understand especially since its my last transfer, I was so confused why I would leave. But obviously just like other times in my life, the Lord knows best and He never lets me down. Even when I can't see the full picutre, He does and I have faith that He will always do whats best for me. I am really excited for this transfer and what it has in store for me. I can't believe that its my last transfer but that just motivates me to soak up the time that I have as a missionary and to finish strong! 

Yesterday in church I gave a talk on faith (just preppin', dad!) . I read the story in Mark where a father takes his son to Jesus to heal him. Here's the story:

17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
 18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
 19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
 20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
 21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
 22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things arepossible to him that believeth.
 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
I LOVE the last verse where the man cries out for the Lord to his unbelief. I know that I said that to the Lord before my mission but especially while on my mission. There our times where I need the Lord to help my unbelief and I know that every time I ask him to, he does help me. We need to be willing to humble ourselves enough to ask for his help. We don't need to have perfect faith but we do need to be willing to exercise and grow our faith every day. 

I have faith that Manassa is where I need to be right now and that the Lord has people that are prepared for me. I hope that you have a great week and stay warm (I'll try to do the same!) I love you!!

xoxo
Sister Peterson 

my new address:
P.O. box 601 
Manassa, CO 81141

pictures: 
Saying bye to Cheryl and her daughter Chloe
FREEZING COLORADO 




No comments:

Post a Comment