Monday, November 17, 2014

The Mini Mission

The mission tour with Elder Baxter was great! He talked about how we need to start with the end in mind. He said that when we need to make sure that we are secure in the gospel before we can help someone else out. It was very inspiring and made me want to be better. 

We helped volunteer at a soup kitchen on Wednesday which was a ton of fun! I was on slop duty and trays of nasty food were flying everywhere. You can imagine that now haha. It was worth it! I was able to share the gospel with the girl that was doing the job with me so that was neat! So funny story...this old guy that was helping out turned to me and said
 "Are you a nurse?"
"no"
"well you have a face to be a nurse (what does that mean?!). Do you ever just look at yourself in the mirror and think I am beautiful?"
"No, not really"
....yeah, so that was more on the strange side of things as far as every day conversations go but that's just the mish life for ya haha. We are going back the day before Thanksgiving to help out. Which I am excited for because I have really learned how important it is to always be serving others. 

Elizabeth's baptism was so powerful! I was so grateful that I was able to be there. Her mom, S, told me that she is going to get baptized in December so its official!! I'm hoping to get back there for her baptism too! I'm grateful that Sister Brewerton aka Mama Brewerton was willing to drive us to the baptism. She's the best! #cheesecakefactory

We had lessons with J on Friday and Sunday night. On Friday we talked to her about the importance of reading our scriptures. And on Sunday night, we taught her the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Although she was baptized four years ago she has forgotten a ton of doctrine so we are reteaching her the lessons. Praying that she will come to church this Sunday! We have another appointment with her on Friday to teach the Plan of Salvation. 

This weekend, Jackie came on a mini mission with us! So, she was with us Friday-Sunday #trio. It was seriously so much fun! We grew really close over the past few days and we were able to help answer questions that she has about the gospel and hopefully helped her out with things. She is a great girl and I just love her so much! 

K came to church again with her daughters! She joined the ward choir and they performed in sacrament meeting yesterday. She told me that she doesn't know when she will get baptized but that she is thinking about it. She's worried about her family because they don't support her at all. 

We are starting to teach a guy named S who is getting re-baptized. He's moving in two weeks though so we will teach him the lessons here and then he will be baptized in his new ward. Its pretty exciting!! 

It was a great week. There are a lot of things going on! Its a good area. This week should be really busy as well which is always super nice. I hope y'all are happy and are making good choices. Remember who you are! Have a fabulous week :)

Talk to you next week! 
Sister Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment