Monday, November 3, 2014

He Hears Me

Hi everyone!

Let's see....

Halloween is just one of the best holidays! We had district meeting where one of the elders dressed up as a ninja. There's always that one...haha. It was a fun day! That morning, we went to the church building to help out with the seminary. carnival. I can't believe that I used to wake up that hideously early for seminary. Props to all you early morning seminary kids! 

So, me and three other sisters were in a fashion shoot this week! Not a big deal or anything haha but really. There's this lady in my ward whose husband is less active and she wanted us to model the clothes for her facebook page. The brand is called LuLaRoe and they are the cutest clothes ever! Basically, I was in heaven! Look up her page! Lularoe by Alecia. I haven't seen all of the pictures yet so I'm scared but there ya go! Also, mom if you want to just give me some money for Christmas I would love to buy her clothes. She gives missionaries a huge discount. Just throwin that idea out there...

So, not sure if I have mentioned this or not but President Rhem changed our key indicators to where we need to be teaching the full 45 minute lesson to count as an "other lesson". So he wants us to role-play the lessons to every family in our wards. It has been going really well so far! We have been able to teach a ton of the families and its great practice for us to practice the lessons. That's been keeping us super busy! 

So about every four months in my mission we have a Work of Salvation Fireside where investigators, recent converts and less actives speak. We asked our recent convert, C to speak and he did such a great job! I loved being there because I love hearing others conversion stories and how the gospel has blessed their lives. Every single one of us has our own story that needs to be shared. The Spirit was very strong. 

As you know yesterday was fast Sunday and I was fasting for a few different things. One was that we would see miracles this transfer mainly involving our investigator, K. So, we're walking into gospel principles and she is sitting there!!! Right then and there, I KNEW that Heavenly Father had answered mt prayers and fast. She stayed all three hours and she actually opened up to me a lot about her involvement with the church and concerns that she has. She loves reading the scriptures and has her own quad! How legit is that? Her daughters come with her and love going to primary. Her husband is the main thing that is holding her back. So, we are praying for his heart to be softened. That experience was just a testimony to me that Heavenly Father listens to me and will always answer me, maybe not in the way that I want but I KNOW that He is there. 

Shout-outs! 

Happy 22nd birthday, Ally b! I hope that b.k. made it a really special day for you ;) I miss knockin doors with you all day errey day ya chump! 

Happy 23rd birthday, Meggy! Girl you know that I would give you a shout out. I love you!!!

Crystal, happy birthday on Sunday! I won't reveal your age....haha. I hope that you have a fabulous day, miss you, sister! 

Matt and Casey, Ahhh I am so happy that you are getting sealed in the temple on Friday. I wish I could be there but I don't think that Pres. Rhem would approve but just know that I will be there in spirit! I'll be thinking of you two! Y'all are so precious and I am so happy for your little family. I know that your Father in Heaven is so proud of the decisions that you've made in your life that has led you both to this point. He loves you and wants you to be a forever family. I love your family!! 

That's about it for me. Talk to y'all next week!!! Choose the right, yo! 

xoxo
Sister Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment