Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 10

FAMILY!! 

Time just seems to fly by faster and faster! I can't believe that I have been out for a little over two months now! They saying is true- time goes by fast when you are having fun. And missions are SO much fun because you are bringing the happiness and joy that this wonderful restored Gospel has to offer! 

S is progressing! Last week we talked to him about prophets because he didn't really know that much about what they do. So, we went over the basics with him. And it went really well! We challenged him to pray to know if Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson are and were prophets and he accepted so we will see how that goes. Tomorrow we decided to talk to him about personal revelation and are hoping that talking about that will help him to realize how he receives revelation to his answers. It was so funny because last week he told us that if he joined the LDS church that he would be a good missionary so we said okay then why not!? haha he is a great guy :)

We went on exchanges with the sister training leaders on Thursday. They are so much fun! We knocked on some doors, contacted some referrals and set up appointments with the ward members to make family mission plans. We made six this week and have appointments to make 6 or so more this week! Needless to say this week was very busy and awesome! Fam-fam, if you don't have a family mission- make one! I know that as you have those people in mind that you know that you could share the Gospel with that Heavenly Father will bless you. And don't forget its all in the INVITATION. D&C 68:6 reads: "Wherefore be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the Living God, that I was, that I am, and I am to come." That's a promise!

Saturday we helped a sister in the Explorer Park Ward in our zone help her non-member friend and husband move into Northgate (our area) and there were about twelve or so of us missionaries helping them move. And the lady that we were helping move told us that when we all walked into her house that she almost started to cry because she was so touched. They are an awesome southern couple and they live just down the street a bit from where Sister Mangisi and I live so we got her number and she invited us for dinner when they get more settled in. Just a really sweet couple that we would love to teach! So we will see what happens there.

Well, everyone just know that life is good and God is good. The church is true and the book is blue! I love this gospel so much and would be lost without it. Share the gospel with someone you know this week and then write to me about your experience. Will you accept this commitment #missionarymode haha. I love you all so much and am so grateful to have such wonderful family and friends! Have a wonderful week and be safe!

Peace and love from Colorado Springs!
Sister Peterson 

Shout outs!

Happy birthday on Sunday, Hay Hays! Can't believe my baby sista is going ot be 15! That is just too crazy! Are mom and dad getting you everything Tay Swift again this year? haha I love you little one!

Happy 21st birthday tomorrow Sarah! I hope you have a fab day and remember to add a little bit of Arabian nights into your day hahaha. I love youuuu, Sarebear! 

Today is Sister Mangisi's 20th birthday so of course I had to give a shout-out to my amazing trainer/companion and my friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment