Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 8

Hola Familia! 
How is everyone doing? I just wanted to say that I am doing well and loving life! I love being on a mission and the happiness that it brings to me! 

Our week...

We taught S on Tuesday about the Word of Wisdom and he committed to live it! Super exciting! He says he drinks coffee and this Chinese tea that he's grown up with but he said that he would try not to this week so we need to follow up and see how that went.
We also visited T and helped him make a mormon.org profile because our stake really wants everyone to make a profile for themselves. It's a really great missionary tool to use! And we have a ton of mormon.org cards that we hand out to people! So I think it would be a great idea for you all to make one if you haven't already. (Don't worry dad it isn't like Facebook at all...haha) It's just so neat how the church can use technology these days!
On Thursday we went over to the Power's house for dinner and taught her friend R about the Holy Ghost and answered any questions that he had (mainly about the temple). It is just so neat to teach him because he is SO ready to be baptized! He finally told his parents that he wanted to be baptized into the LDS church and I guess they didn't take it too well.. it's really sad to see but we are so proud of him in the righteous choices that he is making!  I don't know if I mentioned this before but the only sad thing is that he isn't in our area so we have to pass him off the missionaries in his ward :( But we are taking him to see a baptism of two eight year olds in our ward on Saturday. I am super excited!! I love going to baptisms, especially as a missionary!!

Well, transfers are this Wednesday so that means that I am half way through my training program which I can't even believe! Time just seems to double when you're on a mission but I have been loving every second of it! It's hard but soo worth it. Just like Elder Holland said "Why would we think it would be easy when it was never easy for Him (Jesus Christ)?" It's so true but as long as I put my faith and trust in The Lord and listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost then I know that I can do all things. With God, ALL things are possible!

 General Conference was so amazing and super spiritual!! It's like a birthday weekend to us missionaries. Happy birthday to us!!! I especially loved Elder Holland's talk (of course) about mental illnesses and that if we understand that hope is never lost and utilize the precious gift of the Atonement that we can overcome all things. 

Last P-day we went to a little town called Manitou Springs. It was a very interesting town because they are all pretty much hippies and witches. No lie. We actually had to take our name tags off (which I did not like!!!) because people would say weird things to us... The town had seven different springs of water that you could drink from but it was nasty because it tasted like seltzer water. 

Shout outs!
Souderton Sunday School- thank you so much for the card! It was very sweet. Love you all!

Well, I miss and love everyone and I am glad that everyone is doing well!!
xoxo
Sister Peterson 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment