Monday, July 28, 2014

The Transfer of ONE THOUSAND

WHATS UP MY FAVE HOMIES!!
 
So remember in the beginning of this transfer I told you that Sister B and I wanted to contact one thousand non-members? Well, I am SO happy to say that WE DID IT!!!!! We hit that beautiful number 1,000 on Friday. And do you also remember that statistic that one in 1,000 would get baptized? Well, a nineteen year old girl named S has a baptismal date for August 12th! But here's the kicker....she's not in our ward boundaries!! :( So depressing!!! So Sister B and I were walking from the library to Costa Vida (typical...did I ever mention that we get half off because the owner is LDS? I actually like it there now so its a tender mercy on my MSF) Anyways, so we were just walking by, talking to everyone we saw and there were two ladies walking their dog so we said hi and just started talking to them. Found out that they were mother and daughter and the daughter used to go to mutual with a friend growing up and really was interested in learning more. We set up an appointment to go see them the next night to teach the restoration. We brought the sisters in their ward with us and it was a really powerful lesson! The Spirit was so strong and the daughter accepted a baptismal date!! And they both came to church yesterday. They came to our ward because it was earlier (I mean really they just wanted to hear me speak haha..not) They stayed all three hours and we showed them baptismal font and S was really excited!! This transfer was just a huge testimony builder to me that when we work hard, there will always be blessings. Even though she isn't in ward, its okay because Sister B and I worked sooo hard this transfer and we know that we were lead by the Spirit to find them. It was just by simply saying "hi" and talking to everyone that we see. My testimony has grown so much from this wonderful experience and I know that Heavenly Father truly looks out for His children.
 
On Saturday, we got to go to a wedding and baptism in P because it was a family that Sister B had taught for seven months in her last area. So the couple got married in the chapel and then there was a reception afterwards (that was interesting to be there as a missionary haha) and then the couple and the groom's eight year old son were all baptized. I LOVE going to baptisms for families. It is just so special being able to witness that miracle and knowing that they will be sealed in the temple next year! It was a really great day!!
 
I gave a talk yesterday in Sacrament meeting on sacrifice. I said that how at first coming on a mission was a sacrifice of everything but how it turns into a huge blessing and privilege! I talked about how much mom had to sacrifice to join the church and later serve a mission. I had a few people tell me how impressed they were with her story and then I just bragged about how legit she is.
 
I am staying in Lone Tree for another transfer. I will be with Sister Harrop (like Hair up)and I am super excited because we came out together and are already friends and she is too cute! I just keep getting blessed with wonderful companions, its kind of awesome :) It will be great to stay in this area for another six weeks and watch these people progress. We are still teaching J and hoping that he received his answer and will get baptized. Pray for him! The mission is great, I am great, God is good! What more could I ask for? :) I love you. I miss you. Some mail would be nice...just saying!
 
You know you love me...XOXO, (only true GG fans will get this...)
Sister Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment