Monday, August 4, 2014

I love to see the Temple!

Another transfer is here! This past week was a whirlwind but that always seems to happen at the beginning of each transfer. I am so happy to be here with Sister Harrop. Already, she has taught me a lot and I just love her so much. Its going to be a great transfer!! :)

It was so sad to say goodbye to my friends who had completed their missions last week but I am so grateful that I was able to meet and learn from them. Good luck in the "real world" and please try not to be too awkward haha. 

We were able to visit a lot of less actives this week. Our bishop asked us to visit each family and pass out flyers for the carnival that the ward is putting on at the end of the month. Okay, I'm super stoked for it because I love carnivals and free food so its pretty much the greatest combo ever. I'm just hoping there aren't clowns there cause then I would peace out like nobody's business. My companion and I are even having a booth set up so its going to be a perfect missionary opportunity. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

On Saturday I was privileged to go to the temple with A, a recent convert from Pueblo to do baptisms. They rolled up to pick me up in this huge van full of a bunch of YSA that I served with. It was so good to see them all again! I just loved Pueblo...kinda obsessed with it? It's fine. Probably my favorite moments on the mission is being in the temple with someone who is there for the first time. You can't really describe the Spirit felt there but I just feel so close to my Father in Heaven when I am in His house. Every heartache, every hard day, every tear shed is all worth it when you go with someone to the temple. The mission is extremely challenging and stretches you in so many different directions but there is nowhere in the world that I would rather be. It is all worth it knowing that you made a difference in someone else's life. Because in the end its not about us, its about OTHERS. 

SHOUT OUTS!

Happy birthday to Hermana Boody tomorrow! I tried to type that in Spanish but I'm just too dang white....lo siento. Te amo mucho baby girl!!!

Amskiiiiiii, you knew this was coming. I hope that you have a fabulous birthday on Friday. What are you turning? Like twenty five? Sounds good to me ;)

You all light up my life and I couldn't do this without you. Have a great week and stay happy. Share your testimony of the Savior with someone this week because you never know who needs to hear it!!

Much love,
Sister Peterson 


No comments:

Post a Comment