Monday, December 8, 2014

#Bethlehem

Hey everyone! How was your week? Getting in the holiday spirit?! 

Mine week was pretty great! Let's see...

Transfers were Tuesday. My trainer, Sister Mangisi went home. That was hard to say bye because she has become a really close friend and I love her a lot! But I'm excited for this new chapter in her life! 

We had zone training on Friday where we received "He is the Gift" pass along cards which y'all should have in your December issue of the Ensign so look out for those! And pass them out too, that would be great! People need to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas and that Christ was the first gift that our loving Father in Heaven gave to the world. 

The ward Christmas party was on Saturday. The theme was A Night in Bethlehem so they had all of these food booths set up that we had to pay for with our gold coins and we sat on the floor so it felt like we were outside and they put on a program about Christ's birth.

This brother in our ward invited his boss and her family who invited other families so there were about fifteen or so non-members there which was awesome!! Sister Stock and I tied Joy to the World DVDs to BofMs to give out as gifts and two of the people took them. One of the guys that we talked to for awhile told us that he's divorced and his two sons from his first marriage just got baptized into our church. That was pretty cool! He said that he would read the BofM and go from there. It was neat because he said that it would give him something to talk to his sons about. K also came with her two daughters! YAYY! 

The First Presidency Christmas Devotional was amazing! I really enjoyed all of the talks especially Elder D. Todd Christofferson's about how all of our experiences will be for our good because I wrote about that in my email last week. Its like I knew! I just love this time of year because people seem to be a little bit kinder and are more willing to listen to us testify of Jesus Christ.

I am incredibly grateful that my brother, Jesus Christ came to earth for me personally. I know that He knows exactly what I am going through and because I know that, I know that He walks side by side with me at all times. I love Him! 

I also got a letter from my mission president saying that I am one of the most senior missionaries in the mission now and I got that "finishers wanted" talk by President Monson. Soooo that was weird. Trying to ignore that... haha. 

Love y'all! Talk to you next week :)


 Sister Peterson 


No comments:

Post a Comment