Monday, December 29, 2014

Look Not Behind Thee

HI family!! It was seriously so good to see and talk to you on Christmas!! Even though I was sick, it made me happy for many reasons!!! :) I'm so glad that everyone is doing well! I was also happy that Nicki, Rob, Casey, Matt and Nathan were there even though I was a hot mess, haha sorry not sorry. The rest of the day was pretty chill, I just laid on the couch trying not to move too much. Sister Stock and I picked The Last Song for our movie to watch. I know its pretty random but we wanted a chick flick and it was a pretty long one so we just went with it. Its a pretty cute movie! The rest of the week was pretty good, I am still recovering from my illness which is always fun! Especially on a mission! Said no one ever. But the Dalton's are amazing and took really good care of me so no worries I am feeling a ton better! 

Well last Tuesday, our zone and the north zone had a Christmas conference all day which was pretty great! They mainly talked about creative ways to find people to teach and for us to remember that every moment is a teaching moment. The mission gave all of us missionaries a picture of the Denver temple that says "Begin with the end in mind". One of the apostles gave a talk with that title to all of the new mission presidents this past summer so President Rehm really wants us to focus on that. What it means is that when we meet people and start teaching them that we need to being with the end (the temple) in mind. We need to see them in temple clothing and see who they can truly become. Its a really great talk! Here's the article: https://www.lds.org/church/news/begin-missionary-work-with-the-end-in-mind-says-elder-nelson?lang=eng

Also, during our lunch break one of the AP's came in dressed as Santa Claus to hand out us the pictures. It was pretty hilarious. Near the end of the meeting, President Rehm asked all of the missionaries that are going home in January and February to come up on the stand to give their departing testimony. WAIT, WHAT? I don't remember much of what I said but I remember that I talked about how much I have changed on the mission. I am proud of the person that I am becoming because I have allowed the gospel to change me. And I gave some grandma mission advice to all the youngins haha. It was really surreal but I was glad that I was able to stand in front of other missionaries and bear my testimony of the happiness that I have felt while serving the Lord.

I seriously love this work and I I know that God has a plan for us. That knowledge helps put it into perspective for me that the decisions that I make, even the small ones, do matter. And that I can only help others make good decisions as well but that its up to them whether they want to act on those promptings or not. God is good!! As the new year of 2015 approaches, we should all be making resolutions to come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Watch this Mormon Message, its really good and also hilarious. 
"The past is to be learned from, not lived in." Elder Jeffery R. Holland

I love all of you!! Stay safe and have a great week! Talk to you then :)

Sister Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment