Monday, December 1, 2014

For Our Good

I'm so happy to hear that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I did too! We went to like five different member's houses to visit and eat (confessions of a foodaholic). And we watched Frozen which was a cute movie!
So we taught S twice last week and that went very well! He is so excited for his baptism in January! He left for Utah this morning so we had to say goodbye to him last night and that was not fun!! He has become such a good friend and I am grateful that I had the privilege of teaching him. He wanted our emails so that he could send us pictures of his baptism. Literally can't wait to get those!!
We volunteered at the soup kitchen again. We drove down with Jackie and her mom and that was super fun! I love being able to serve others who are less fortunate then us.
This is a cool story! So a little background information first. So Sister Stock has been super sick since Friday morning so we have been in since then #cabinfever so I have been going slightly crazy (well we both have but I won't tell you about that haha its pretty embarrassing) But anyways, so we get a call from our bishop and he tells us that a mom and daughter just randomly walked into church and he gave us their number, we called them and have an appointment set up for Wednesday and the mom sounded really excited! The cool part about this is that a family who lived in the ward nine months ago invited the daughter to last year's trunk or treat but she didn't go and now nine months later they just walk into church! That is just a testimony to me that its so important that we invite people to activities even if they don't come because you never know the impact that it can have on them. Pray that our appointment goes well!!
Transfers are tomorrow and I'm staying in Meridian with Sister Stock for six more weeks. I am really excited because she is awesome and this is a great area!
I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have been given to serve my Father in Heaven and the people of Colorado. It has been a huge blessing to me. I know that this Gospel is true and that through it people can change and become better. I know that I have changed and become better because of it. I know that Jesus Christ knows exactly what I am going through because He went through it first. I know that we are given trials for our benefit, learning and growth and that they will be for our good. (D&C 122:7). I know that God loves me and that He loves every one of you. Let Him in and let him change you! Also, check out christmas.mormon.org!!
Love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment