Monday, December 22, 2014

He is the Gift!

Hey family!! Oh my word, I am so excited to Skype y'all on Christmas! I know that you're excited too ;) It's always so nice seeing your faces! You're all so precious! 

My week was pretty good, Sister Stock has her physical therapy appointments for her wrist twice a week in the Springs so we do quite a bit of traveling. We had exchanges with the sister training leaders on Wednesday. I went to their area in Gleneagle with Sister Fisher. We had a first lesson with this girl named Julie whose in high school. They had tracted into her dad a few weeks ago and he actually referred his daughters to the sisters which is different but hey it works! She was way cool and had an open mind about learning about different faiths. Its interesting because a lot of people who want to learn more about different religions, usually say that the Mormon faith sticks out to them more than others. Hmmm... I wonder why that is. Oh yeah, I know. Cause its the truth and somewhere down inside people, their spirits know that and they yearn for that truth whether their head knows that or not. 

Our recent convert, Cameron baptized an eighteen year old girl named Megan on Saturday! That was so cool to see because he just got baptized in September and now he had the privilege to baptize someone else! He was so excited and nervous that it took them two times, but its all good though. He did great! 

Sad day.. there is a member in the Calhan ward that is in the hospital right now. She has an infection and had to get surgery on Saturday and then has to go through surgery again in three weeks. She is one of my mission moms who I just absolutely adore. Please pray for their family, it would be so hard especially at this time of year to be in the hospital away from family. On Saturday night, Sister Stock and I snuck into her hospital room when she was in her surgery and decorated her room for Christmas. Its neat because Sister Stock's mom had sent her lights a few days before this and Sister McGee had mentioned how she wished that she could have lights up in her room so we made it happen. As we were decorating her room, I was just thinking to myself how that right there is the true meaning of Christmas. Its not in the presents or in Santa Claus but its in doing those small acts of kindness for those around us. Its putting others needs above our own and that is something that I have really learned on the mission. Its a knowledge that will bless me for the rest of my life. 

There's a really good article in this month's Ensign by President Howard W. Hunter and he said "This Christmas, mend quarrel. Seek out forgotten friendDismiss suspicion and replacit with trust. Write letter. Give soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyaltin word and deed. Keep promise. Forgo grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh little more. Express your gratitudeWelcome stranger. Gladden the heart of child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again." I LOVE that so much. That's the true meaning of Christmas and that's the gift that we can give our Savior, who gave us everything.


Love you!!! See your faces on Thursday!! :)

Merry Christmas!
Sister Peterson 

pictures:
Sister McGee's decorated hospital room
We may have decided to test out the bed to see if it was comfy or not.. it passed.
I totally held a bearded dragon. I was only kind of scared. 




No comments:

Post a Comment