Monday, December 15, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Soooooo.... we moved. Again. Haha I feel like I'm getting really good at this whole moving thing. Now we live with the Dalton's aka the best family ever!! We live with the mom, dad and their twelve year old daughter, Grace. They have a son on a mission in Peru who just left in October. They are so sweet and I really love living here! 

So here's my new address:
12144 Pine Valley Circle
Peyton, CO 80831

We're teaching a returning less active named C. We meet in a member's home and she tells us what she wants to learn that day. So we read the chapter on that subject from the Gospel Principles book with her. Its really cool because she's the one that sought out the missionaries because she wanted to be active again. Her husband's not a member but he lives in Missouri right now so she's moving there in January.

The relief society had a Christmas gala/gift exchange on Thursday which was a lot of fun. J and K were both there! Cool fact: K's husband came to sacrament meeting yesterday because their daughters were singing. That was a miracle because he has never been to church before and that made K super happy! He also went to the stake Christmas devotional last night which is a huge deal for him to even step foot inside a church building! So we are hoping that her husband's heart is being softened and that we will see miracles from this.

I have seen a ton of tender mercies from my Father in Heaven this week with Him just letting me know that He's there and that He loves me. Its really through those simple, small ways that we can feel God's love. I have been privileged to feel even a little bit of how Heavenly Father feels about His children. I know that as we serve others, we are serving God. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want us to give back because we have been given much from them. So, go out and serve someone this week and help them to feel of that love. 

I finished Alma a few days ago and am now on Helaman! I love reading from the Book of Mormon and feeling the peace that it brings into my life. How's your Book of Mormon reading going? Also, I hit sixteen months yesterday which is completely crazy. I can't believe that Christmas is next week! I am so excited to skype y'all!!! You all mean the world to me. Love you!! Have a happy safe week! 

Love,
 Sister Peterson 

SHOUT-OUTS!
Happy birthday to my main girl, Nicki! Okay I just have to say... I dunno bout you but I'm feelin twenty twwoooooooo! When did we get so old?! I am so grateful that I have you in my life and I hope that you had a wonderful day! I love you!! 

Happy birthday to mama fresh on Friday! You are one of the coolest moms ever! Thanks for always being there for me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment