Monday, June 2, 2014

Temple Jubilee and a Baptism

My dearest family and friends,
 
This week has been a lonnnnggg crazy busy one but we still witnessed so many miracles! The temple on Thursday was amazing!!! I sent the temple card with a letter telling about my experience so you can all read that together if you'd like. I just know that gma was there right beside me the whole time and that she was so happy that we were doing her temple work for her. I will never forget the way that I felt that day and it is something that I will treasure in my heart forever. I did initiatories, confirmations, the endowment session and then there was a sister that also took a family name so we were able to witness their sealing too! President and Sister Anderson stood in as her parents and then we were able to all do sealings with our mission president and wife. Cool facts: this is their last temple jubilee (yay we're special!) and they have never done sealings with missionaries before. Talk about the coolest thing in the world! The spirit was so strong in that tiny sealing room. I just imagined how happy the families are now that they are sealed together for time and all eternity. And then of course I thought of mom being sealed to her parents soon and it made me even happier!!! It was so wonderful to be at the temple and feel of the peace there. It totally rejuvenated me to get back out there and work, work, work so that everyone can receive the blessings that the temple has to offer!!
 
A. was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday!! It was the greatest experience ever! Its amazing to see how much the Lord prepares His children to hear the gospel. She was soo prepared to accept the gospel! It was a privilege to have been able to teach her. After she was baptized, they asked her how she felt and she said one word: "clean" and had the biggest smile on her face. It was truly a beautiful thing to see someone you grew to love so much make such a big step in their life. She also bore her testimony in church yesterday and talked about how much she loves this gospel and how it has helped her strengthen her relationship with Heavenly Father. She's so solid!!! It's so cute to see her and Am. strengthen one another and be there for each other. Totes presh.
 
We are planning on going to the family history center to find a family name for Am. tomorrow. Hopefully it happens this time since she's been really busy with work. Then we can go to the temple with her! And then we can go with A. soon too. We told them to go separately so that way we can go twice hahah strategy! ;)
 
Shout out to Hays getting her patriarchal blessing on Saturday!! You'll remember it forever and it will be a source of guidance and light throughout your life. So read it often. Love you little one!!
 
I love you and miss you!! Thank you for your prayers and support, it means the world to me. Have a great week and remember who you are and act accordingly! :)
 
Love from Pueblo,
Sister Peterson
Displaying DSCN5506[1].jpg

Displaying DSCN5493[1].jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment